Art Month Sydney Exhibition Registration Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to all businesses registering to participate in the Art Month Sydney festival 2019 (Members). By paying your registration fee, you accept these terms and conditions.
- There are three levels of membership:
|Fee (ex GST)||Description||Criteria|
|$450||Commercial gallery||Includes non-profit organizations which are not art organizations holding one off art events|
|$225||Artist Run Initiative,||Co-operative or non-profit artist run structure, includes temporary pop up exhibitions funded by artists in third party venues. Does not include other non-profit organizations holding one-off exhibitions|
|$545.45||Public educational or exhibiting institutions or government bodies holding art exhibitions or events||Local councils, public exhibiting institutions or tertiary educational institutions. Includes any art exhibition space or program operated by a statutory or government entity unless the subject of a separate grant or funding agreement.|
- Festival Dates: 1-29 March 2019
- Benefits of membership Each participating Member receives the following membership benefits (described in more detail in the following paragraphs) following payment of the Membership Fee:
- Promotion on the Art Month Sydney Festival website – members will be provided with a unique login once the 2019 website is active which can be used to create a Member page listing events offered by that Member during the Festival
- AMS will promote the Member’s events in one of the Festival e-newsletters, as well as across its social media channels.
- AMS will supply each Member with advertising collateral relating to the event such as an AMS gallery decal or festival posters. AMS will engage a PR agency to maximise publicity for the Festival events.
- Festival website
Once the 2019 Festival online calendar is live on the AMS website, you will receive a unique logon which will allow you to upload content to the AMS Festival website.
The content you can upload is as follows;
- Details of your gallery with opening hours, location, website link and social media links.
- Events at one venue only
- A maximum of 6 events (excluding participation in a Precinct Night) which can be a combination of exhibitions, workshops and talks
- A maximum of three photos per event
Guidelines and instructions as to formatting will be provided to you with your login.
This content will be presented on the Festival website as follows;
- on your unique Member page (and you will be listed as a participating gallery on our Festival Members page with a link to your content)
- in the calendar with your event shown as a Festival event for that date
- in the online program
You will be able to vary and update that content at any time prior to and during the Festival. AMS reserves the right to amend or correct that content as necessary.
- EDMs and Social Media
Provided you have uploaded content to the Festival Website by the due date, AMS will feature your gallery or events in at least one Festival newsletter and at least one FB post and at least one Instagram post during the lead up to and during the Festival.
- Festival Collateral
AMS will provide you with a digital Festival Logo for use in your own marketing for the Festival. Subject to funding, AMS will distribute printed programs and posters to each Member.
- Deadlines for submission of Member content
Members must upload their content to the Festival Website by 7 February 2018. While content can be uploaded or amended after that date, AMS cannot guarantee inclusion of event information in our 2019 e-newsletter and social media strategy.
AMS will notify Members of the final date (if earlier than 7 February 2019) by which content must be provided for inclusion in the PR campaign.
- Precinct Night events
These are optional Festival events which AMS holds if funding permits. In 2019, AMS will schedule one or more Art at Night events during the Festival in which Members in a particular Sydney suburban precinct can elect to stay open after hours. AMS will promote the Precinct Night event, create a map of the participating Members with a suggested walking itinerary for festival-goers and arrange an after party within the precinct. There is no guarantee of a Precinct Night in any location. There is no extra cost to Members who avail themselves of the opportunity to participate in a Precinct Night.
AMS will determine the geographical boundaries of each precinct. On or before 30 November 2019, AMS will notify Members whether a Precinct Night is being arranged for their precinct and the date. If a Precinct Night is scheduled for your area, you must notify AMS by 1 February 2019 if you wish to participate. Members may elect not to participate. If you do not notify AMS that you wish to participate in a Precinct Night scheduled for your area or do not upload content to your Festival Page before the due date, you may not be featured in promotional materials promoting the Precinct Night, including the map.
- Additional Venues and Events
If you have more than one venue, additional registrations can be purchased for extra venues at a 50% discount. All venues must have the same ownership to be eligible for the discounted membership.
- Refunds and Cancellations
Your Membership Fees are used to build and operate the 2019 Festival Website and program. For that reason, refunds are not possible after [31 December 2018]. For withdrawals before that date, we will refund 50% of the fees paid.