We may collect and hold personal information you provide, for example, if you register for an event or on our websites, attend a participating gallery/location, purchase tickets to one of our events or enter one of our competitions or promotions. We may collect and hold information about your attendance at Art Month Sydney events and information about your use of our websites (including via cookies). We may also collect and hold personal information about you from:
- third parties such as participating galleries; and
- publicly available sources.
The personal information that we collect and hold may include your name, date of birth, contact details, credit card details if you are purchasing tickets from us, and information about the events that you attend as part of Art Month Sydney.
You are not required to provide us with your personal information, however, if you don’t, it may mean we’re not able to assist you or provide you with our goods or services.
If you are, or are seeking to become, an individual contractor to us, we may collect and hold information relevant to your engagement with us including qualifications, job history, length of engagement, pay rate and salary, bank details, feedback from referees and managers and training records. This may include individuals contracted directly by us or engaged via a recruitment agency.
In addition to the types of personal information identified above, we may collect and hold personal information as otherwise permitted, authorised or required by law.
In general, the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information may include:
- provide you with goods and services that you have requested (e.g. details about events you wish to attend or tickets you have purchased);
- deal with any inquiries you have;
- improve our goods and services;
- unless you have opted out (see below), to inform you about future Art Month Sydney events and carefully selected special offers by Art Month Sydney sponsors and other associated third parties;
- otherwise organise and conduct Art Month Sydney;
- facilitate your entry and participation in a competition or trade promotion;
- consider you for a job with us (whether as an employee or contractor) or another relationship with us, including for screening, aptitude testing and human resources management activities;
- address any issues or complaints regarding our relationship with you; and
- contact you in relation to the above matters, including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner.
Your personal information may also be disclosed to:
- our contracted service providers (including mailing houses, marketing agencies, insurance providers, website and data hosting providers and other IT service suppliers);
- other persons who perform services for, or in connection with, us (including to facilitate the delivery of purchases, for electronic direct mailing, for credit card payment authorisation, for trend analysis, for market research and for promotions);
- companies who may use your personal information in order to tailor electronic advertising to you (e.g. on a webpage) in relation to our products and services;
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers;
- if you are an individual contractor to us, to your employer or agency in relation to the performance of your work with us;
- if you are an individual contractor to us or a prospective employee, to our HR related service providers (e.g. for background checks, screening or aptitude testing);
- any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information (e.g. referees);
- third parties who provide funding to us, such as government agencies;
- third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by law.
Some of the third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside Australia. For example, we may disclose personal information to our overseas service providers. The countries in which these third parties are located will depend on the circumstances. Except where an exception applies under the Act, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas recipients do not breach the APPs in relation to such information.
Unless you have opted out, we may contact you via email, SMS or other means in order to provide you with information about our website, in relation to events, to encourage donations or to provide you with other information about our goods or services (or those of associated third parties). If you do not wish to receive such information, please contact us using the details set out below or, in the case of promotional email and SMS communications, click the appropriate unsubscribe link in the relevant communication.
We may use or disclose your personal information:
- for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you);
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as otherwise authorised or required by law.
If you believe that we have not dealt with your personal information in a manner that complies with the Act, you should contact us to discuss how we may better deal with it.
Similarly, if you wish to access, correct or update personal information that we hold about you, you may make a request in writing. We may charge for providing access to this information and we may refuse access where the Act allows us to do so.
If you wish to complain about our collection, use, handling or disclosure of personal information, you may do so in writing. We will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner.
All correspondence in relation to the above should be directed to:
Australian Art Events Foundation (Art Month Sydney)
c/o Artereal Gallery
747 Darling Street
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
©2023 by Australian Art Events Foundation. All rights reserved.
In the spirit of reconciliation, Art Month Sydney acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of Country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.